cxf-users mailing list archives

From "Morris Jr, David P" <david.p.morris...@lmco.com>
Subject RE: EXTERNAL: Re: CXF handling for mustUnderstand=true
Date Fri, 04 Feb 2011 17:50:30 GMT
Thanks! We extended AbstractSoapInterceptor and overridden the public Set<QName> getUnderstoodHeaders()
method.

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Kulp [mailto:dkulp@apache.org]
Sent: Thursday, February 03, 2011 4:53 PM
To: users@cxf.apache.org
Cc: Morris Jr, David P
Subject: EXTERNAL: Re: CXF handling for mustUnderstand=true

On Thursday 03 February 2011 3:24:51 pm Morris Jr, David P wrote:
> How does CXF handle mustUnderstand=true? Can someone send me a link?
>
> In metro you write SOAPHandler class that implements SOAPHandler, then
> write a concrete method for the public Set<QName> getHeaders() and return
> a HashSet with the QName of the elements.

That's a standard JAX-WS handler and would work fine with CXF as well.  It's
not the IDEAL way to do it, but it would work.   The SOAPHandlers in JAXWS
will break the streaming so it's not really recommended.

In CXF, we have SoapInterceptor which accomplishes much of the same, but
allows it to not break the streaming.

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org