cxf-users mailing list archives

From Sergey Beryozkin <sberyoz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to convert response input stream to java object
Date Tue, 25 Jan 2011 09:39:15 GMT
Hi

On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 11:17 PM, Dan King <dan.king106@yahoo.com> wrote:

> > ... With the WebClient you can do
> >
> > Book book =  wc.get(Book.class)
> > // returns the last Response, no remote invocation is  done
> > Response r = wc.getResponse();
>
> This is what I'm currently doing; I thought of changing to using
> "ResponseReader" since it seemed "cleaner" to check the response status
> before
> attempting to read the message body. Is there any value in changing
> approaches?

wc.get(Book.class) will throw the ServerWebApplicationException in case of
the status >= 400. Currently 'null' will be returned in case of redirects,
unless CXF is configured to do the auto-redirects.

wc.getResponse(); will return the Response no matter what :-), unless a
client side error occurs, in which case you'll
get ClientWebApplicationException.

I guess ResponseReader can give a possibility to work with explicit
and indeed, as you said, it makes it easier to follow the 'check status
first' approach...

Cheers, Sergey