cxf-users mailing list archives

From Dan King <dan.king...@yahoo.com>
Subject How to convert response input stream to java object
Date Fri, 21 Jan 2011 03:11:32 GMT
Hi all,

Up until now I've had the web client return the desired java object rather then
a Response object, i.e. Object target =
client.type("application/json").accept("application/json").get(Target.class)

But now I want to check the response and then get the entity/message body, but
I'm stuck on how to convert the response input stream -- Response.getEntity() --
into the desired java object.

I'm using all default settings, all the DTO classes use jaxb annotations
(@XmlRootElement), and the message body is in json format. Does anyone know how
to do the conversion/unmarshalling? Can anyone point me to some examples?

Thanks.

-Dan