cxf-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ClientFactoryBean vs ClientProxyFactoryBean
Date Thu, 13 Jan 2011 20:02:58 GMT
On Thursday 13 January 2011 9:17:11 am Maatari wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Can someone tell me what is the difference between "ClientFactoryBean" and
> "ClientProxyFactoryBean" ?
>
> Many thanks.

The "ClientFactoryBean" creates our "ClientImpl" objects which contains our
generic "invoke" methods and handles the contexts and such.  The ClientProxy
versions create the Proxy wrappers for the ClientImpl that provide the nice
typed instances that implement the passed in interfaces and such.  They serve
slightly different purposes.

Most USERS that are working with typed interfaces and such prefer the Proxy.
It's nice to work with.

Most frameworks (like Camel and SMX and such) generally work with the Client
directly as the proxies require generated (or hand coded) interfaces.

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org