cxf-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: HTTPConduit doubt
Date Wed, 05 Jan 2011 17:57:16 GMT
On Tuesday 04 January 2011 10:29:53 pm pablo caballero wrote:
> Looking at
> http://www.docjar.com/html/api/org/apache/cxf/transport/http/HTTPConduit.j
> ava.html I can see that a HttpURLConnectionFactory is used to obtain the
> actual connection.
>
> My doubt is: the factory used in the default configuration (http, no
> https) do use some kind of pool of efective connections (maybe of some
> fixed/configurable size) or a connection is established every time
> that a reqeust is maded?

CXF just uses the HttpURLConnection in the JDK which DOES maintain a pool of
connections.     It isn't very configurable from a client side, but the Server
can send back properties in the Keep-Alive header to control the number of
connections help open to the server and the idle time.   It's more server
controlled than client controlled.

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org