cxf-users mailing list archives

From HHendriks <hugo.hendr...@rubix.nl>
Subject How do i use inheritance of services in a good way in CXF
Date Mon, 24 Jan 2011 10:46:28 GMT

Hi,

I have defined some simple service classes and interfaces say: BaseService
and BaseServiceImpl. These have 4 simple methods...CRUD.

Now i have a EmployeeService which extends the BaseService and implements
the EmployeeService like this:

public class EmployeeServiceImpl extends BaseServiceImpl<Employee>
implements EmployeeService

I want to expose the CRUD methods as a webservice so I annotate it  and it's
interface with @WebService. When i deploy i get an empty service. I can
image that this is correct as the CXF service builder doesnt work with
inheritance that way.

What is the best way to expose this service making maximum use of
inheritance? I annotated the BaseService with @Webservice and this adds the
methods to the WSDL but not the implementation. Do i need to make new
service classes for services which I want to expose through CXF?

Much thanks & best regards!