cxf-users mailing list archives

From Freeman Fang <freeman.f...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Web Service in OSGi with spring-dm
Date Wed, 15 Dec 2010 11:49:57 GMT
Hi,

My comment inline
On 2010-12-15, at 下午7:26, Markus wrote:

> Hi Freeman, hi David ,
>
> yes, I try to use the http-osgi transport. The bundle is deployed:
> 32      ACTIVE      cxf-rt-transports-http-osgi_2.2.9
>
> But I am not using servicemix at all. Maby I am wrong, but I thought
> that
> using an Enterprise Service Bus is not necessary. I will have some
> business
> logic which I would like to modularize based on OSGi. This software
> must be
> usable from a remote web portal. Therefore, I would like to build
> the web
> service frontend from a given WSDL with CXF. I thought that a simple
> OSGi
> container is sufficient for this purpose, so I am using Eclipse
> Equinox 3.6
> at the moment (but maby I am wrong with this, so I am open for
> suggestions).
Just a quick note.
Servicemix provide lots of pre-installed bundle/features which is very
convenient for you to use cxf/camel/activemq/JBI inside OSGi container.
And Servicemix team make great effort to verify those bundles can work
together, this can save you a big time as you needn't do it from
scratch.

> I set the org.osgi.service.http.port to 8080, whichis also given in
> the WSDL
> and as far as I know the default for OSGi.
> I tried to access the webservice with
> http://localhost:8080/cxf/CustomerServicePort?wsdl and
you should use  http://localhost:8080/cxf/CustomerServicePort?wsdl
this url is the way for cxf http-osgi transport works
> http://localhost:8080/CustomerServicePort?wsdl. But the port 8080
> and is not
> opend. According to a port scan with NMap, there is no open port and
> no web
> service available (search was not limited to 8080).

Port 8080 isn't up means the undlerly OSGi http service isn't up, OSGi
http service is OSGi core service per OSGi spec, there're several OSGi
http service implementations available, pax-web is the one we
generally use.
You need install several bundles to start OSGi http service

org.apache.geronimo.specs/geronimo-servlet_2.5_spec/1.1.2
org.apache.servicemix.bundles/org.apache.servicemix.bundles.jetty-
bundle/6.1.22_1
org.ops4j.pax.web/pax-web-api/0.7.3
org.ops4j.pax.web/pax-web-spi/0.7.3
org.ops4j.pax.web/pax-web-runtime/0.7.3
org.ops4j.pax.web/pax-web-jetty/0.7.3
In servicemix you can use "features:install http" to install all of
those bundle, actually it's default feature for servicemix, so  by
default there's a OSGi http service up for you to use :-) .

> com.example.customerservice.osgi.Activator simple publishes the
> service:
>  Object implementor = new CustomerServiceImpl();
>  String address = "http://localhost:8080/CustomerServicePort";
>  Endpoint.publish(address, implementor);
> CustomerServiceImpl is the implementation generated by CXF with some
> simple
> code added for testing.

Ok, this Activator class actually publish cxf service over http
transport, but not the http-osgi transport, that's why it success
without OSGi http service up.

Hope all this helps.

Freeman