cxf-users mailing list archives

From Zarar Siddiqi <zar...@gmail.com>
Subject Glassfish keeps using default provider, ignores META-INF/services/javax.xml.ws.spi.Provider
Date Fri, 03 Dec 2010 18:47:08 GMT
Hi,

Got two apps serving as a client to an external web service, one is on
Tomcat and one is on Glassfish.  The Tomcat one works like a charm, but
Glassfish keeps throwing the classic ClassCastException:

com.sun.xml.ws.client.sei.SEIStub cannot be cast to
org.apache.cxf.frontend.ClientProxy

Funny part is that I have cxf-bundle already in the classpath of the war
inside the ear and it contains the javax.xml.ws.spi.Provider file which
contains the line org.apache.cxf.jaxws.spi.ProviderImpl.  So I dont' see why
it's using the provider that comes bundled with the JDK in rt.jar.  I even
tried putting the cxf-bundle jar at the root of the EAR but that doesn't do
it either.  I even tried setting it using System.setProperty() and also
attempted to create a file manually under WEB-INF/classes/... but nothing.

Any ideas on what might be missing?

Thanks,
Zarar