cxf-users mailing list archives

From Andrew Dinn <andrewd...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: How to get/pass a service reference?
Date Thu, 02 Dec 2010 09:35:05 GMT
On 12/01/2010 09:32 PM, Daniel Kulp wrote:
> If you have the WebServiceContext injected, just call:
>
> context.getEndpointReference()
>
> and that should be it.

That's all very well if something can be convinced to invoke the service
first. But this is a chicken and egg situation. What can you do if e.g.
service A wants to initiate communication with service B and send a
message containing an EPR for A so that B can call back to A later.

This is a problem I faced when implementing the WSTX standard and I
could not work out how to resolve it using the method you describe. In
the end  I had to use an EPRBuilder and code up the EPR address using
properties configured on the service deployment.

regards,

Andrew Dinn