cxf-users mailing list archives

From "Jason Chaffee" <jchaf...@ebates.com>
Subject RE: Overriding JAXB annotations
Date Wed, 29 Dec 2010 22:42:00 GMT
I have solved this problem by using AOP. I created my own annotation
(@MyTransientAnnotation) and annotated the methods that I did not want
exposed.  Then I use a request header or something to identify who is
requesting the data and based on either Aspect returns null or returns
the data.

-----Original Message-----
From: cj91 [mailto:Jonathan.Fisher@argushealth.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 29, 2010 7:34 AM
To: users@cxf.apache.org
Subject: Re: Overriding JAXB annotations

Ron Wheeler wrote:

> Would it not be easier to build a web service for external clients
that
> just calls the full internal  web service?
> This might also allow additional auditing or reporting.

That's exactly what i'm attempting to do. The extrenal webservice will
have
authentication, authorization and tracking built in, but the problem how
do
you call the internal service and hide certain information?

One way to is redefine all of the objects, and add @XMLTransient as was
mentioned... but we don't want to do copy/paste engineering... Just
curious
if anyone has faced a similar problem and what they did to solve it.