cxf-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Newbie; Tool to convert legacy system to WSDL?
Date Fri, 17 Dec 2010 14:57:26 GMT
On Friday 17 December 2010 12:43:34 am Niclas Hedhman wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 1:11 PM, Freeman Fang <freeman.fang@gmail.com>
wrote:
> > Hi Niclas,
> >
> > I guess the java2ws command line tool shipped with cxf kit is what you
> > want, though it's not interactive tool,  but  you can specify several
> > options to ease your task,
> > Just use
> > ./java2ws -help
> > to get more details about this tool.
>
> No because currently the SOAP format is fixed, and not generated from
> any Java interfaces. So, what I have is a heap of SOAP request and
> response messages...

Well, I would first use and xslt or similar to strip off the soap wrappers.
That shouldn't be too hard.   When done, there are some suggestions at:
http://www.dotkam.com/2008/05/28/generate-xsd-from-xml/
to create XSD's from the various messages.   That may be a starting point.

Not sure if that really helps or not.  :-)

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org