cxf-users mailing list archives

From Benson Margulies <bimargul...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Stateful web services with CXF
Date Fri, 15 Oct 2010 21:34:10 GMT
It turns out that I don't even want to try to use this, and my reasons
might be interesting to other readers of this thread.

It sounds very nice to say that you get an instance of the
implementation bean for each session as defined by the servlet spec.
However, that sweeps a host of problems under a host of rugs.

What cleans up? If the instance obtains something on the expensive
side, like a database connection, does it just wait around for gc?
Maybe if you are tied to the Spring session system there's some nice
lifecycle behavior, but if you just launch an Endpoint with the CXF
JaxWsServerFactoryBean, looks like you don't get much assistance.

I suspect that this has something to do with why Metro tangles this up
with WS-A, but I'm pretty ignorant of all that.