cxf-users mailing list archives

From zoe slattery <zoe.slatt...@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: Remote services and Web Applications
Date Wed, 27 Oct 2010 15:44:33 GMT
Resending.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Remote services and Web Applications
Date: 	Wed, 27 Oct 2010 14:28:43 +0100
From: 	zoe slattery <zoe.slattery@gmail.com>
To: 	users@cxf.apache.org

Hi - I'm trying to use DOSGi for a remote service, the client side of my
application has a web bundle and pre-reqs the following:

pax-web-extender-war-0.7.2.jar
pax-web-jetty-bundle-0.7.2.jar
pax-web-jsp-0.7.2.jar

As part of the single bundle distribution I think you include:
org.ops4j.pax.web.service_0.5.1

So when I use the single bundle distribution I have two conflicting
things trying to use port 8080. After some hacking around I think I can
use the multiple bundle distribution and replace
org.ops4j.pax.web.service_0.5.1 with the three pax web bundles and
geronimo-servlet_3.0_spec-1.0.jar.

However there is another problem, in the version of CXF that I'm using
(revision 1027953) one of the cxf-dosgi-ri-dsw-cxf_1.3.0.SNAPSHOT bundle
won't start and gives the following error:

osgi>  start 36
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: The bundle could not be resolved.
Reason: Package uses conflict: Import-Package: org.apache.cxf;
version="2.2.0"
     at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.getResolverError(AbstractBundle.java:1313)
     at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.getResolutionFailureException(AbstractBundle.java:1297)
     at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHost.startWorker(BundleHost.java:309)
     at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.start(AbstractBundle.java:280)
     at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle.start(AbstractBundle.java:272)
     at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.FrameworkCommandProvider._start(FrameworkCommandProvider.java:253)
     at
     at
     at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.FrameworkCommandInterpreter.execute(FrameworkCommandInterpreter.java:155)
     at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.FrameworkConsole.docommand(FrameworkConsole.java:303)
     at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.FrameworkConsole.console(FrameworkConsole.java:288)
     at
org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.FrameworkConsole.run(FrameworkConsole.java:224)
     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:637)

So - questions:

1) Does the approach to dealing with the port 8080 conflict seem OK?
2) Any idea how to fix the issue with
cxf-dosgi-ri-dsw-cxf_1.3.0.SNAPSHOT - or - do I even need to? Can I just
exclude it?

Zoe