cxf-users mailing list archives

From slocum <slo...@weirdrealm.com>
Subject Re: XFire Migration: WSDL display
Date Tue, 26 Oct 2010 19:09:04 GMT

Daniel  Kulp wrote:

> On Tuesday 26 October 2010 11:46:32 am slocum wrote:
>
>> The right side of the /services page looks like this:
>>
>> Endpoint address: http://localhost:8080/ppp-1.0/services/PPPWebService
>> WSDL : {http://ws.stuff.ppp.abc.com/}PPPServiceImplService
>> Target namespace: http://ws.stuff.ppp.abc.com/
>
> You most likely need a @WebService annotation on the Implementation as
> well
> that would define the targetNamespace again as well as the serviceName and
> portName annotations (that would match what's in the wsdl).   I'd ALSO
> have
> the one on the impl use the wsdlLocation attribute to point to the wsdl on
> the
> file system so that it loads the proper wsdl and uses it.
>
> Per JAX-WS spec, that annotation needs to be there on the implementation.
> CXF does allow it (as some of the things can be overridden via config or
> via
> the JaxWsServiceFactoryBean), but the spec says it should be there.
> XFire
> was not JAX-WS compliant and thus did a lot of things wrong.

Excellent! Progress is made!

Now the /services pages looks like this (which is what I expected):

Endpoint address: http://localhost:8080/ppp-1.0/services/PPPWebService
WSDL : {http://ws.ppp.abc.com/}PPPWebService
Target namespace: http://ws.ppp.abc.com/

Now the only issue is that it still shows the auto-generated truncated WSDL
when you click the second line link.

When I add a wsdlLocation="classpath:ppp-1.0.wsdl" to the implementation
file's @WebService annotation, or to the jaxws:endpoint, I get an exception
when I deploy the web service:

org.apache.cxf.service.factory.ServiceConstructionException: Could not find
definition for service {http://ws.ppp.abc.com/}PPPWebService.