cxf-users mailing list archives

From Benson Margulies <bimargul...@gmail.com>
Subject JMS pub/sub, JAX-WS, async, and where are those replies going anyway?
Date Thu, 30 Sep 2010 14:15:22 GMT
I'm trying to perform a mental mapping from what I know about SOAP to
what I know about JMS. Which, in the later case, is not as much as it
might be.

In a JMS-y sort of model, 'thing a' pushes a unit of work onto a
queue, and there are a school of (b) sharks looking for something to
do.

One of them gets the unit of work and works on it.

If the WebMethod is *not* OneWay, then presumably the (a) thing is
blocked waiting for one of the (b) things to respond? And the response
travels back through some other JMS queue that (ahem) springs into
existence as part of the client proxy setup? Or does JMS have a
response channel as a basic mechanism? Or is @OneWay required for
pub/sub?

Does the JAX-WS asyncronous business with the Futures work with JMS
when there is some sort of reply?