cxf-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Web services notification
Date Fri, 24 Sep 2010 18:34:13 GMT
On Friday 24 September 2010 10:03:45 am chetan wrote:
> Thanks Glen.
> I will make this very simple.
> My request / response is working good.. so we can forget about it for the
> time being.
>
> In my scenario, suppose I have a HTTP server which is listening on a port.
> Now from a CXF application how do I send a xml / json to the server?
>
> One way I can think is using Axis for this. But I want to explore CXF's way
> to do this.

Well, there are a variety of ways to accomplish this.
This SOUNDS like a REST type thing in which case the CXF JAX-RS client API's
are your best bet.  See:

http://cxf.apache.org/docs/jax-rs.html#JAX-RS-ClientAPI

Basically, if you have a JAX-RS annotated interface, you can use the Proxy
type.  If not, use the HTTP-centric apis.  Both work quite well.

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org