cxf-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Features for CXF 2.2 vs. 2.3
Date Thu, 23 Sep 2010 13:52:52 GMT
On Thursday 23 September 2010 9:49:13 am Seumas Soltysik wrote:
> I am looking for information regarding the differences between the 2.2
> release and future 2.3 release. I have looked at
> http://cxf.apache.org/roadmap.html and I wondering if this is still
> accurate or whether there are features on the 2.3 version which have been
> back-ported to 2.2.

I'm collecting some of this information at:

http://cxf.apache.org/docs/23-migration-guide.html

> Specifically I am interested in JAXRS 1.1 and JAXWS
> 2.2 capabilities.

Both of those are for 2.3 only.  However, most of the FIXES that were required
to achieve those have been ported back.   For example, the JAX-WS 2.2
tightened up the requirements around WS-Addressing so all the fixes to the WS-
Addressing layer that were required were ported back.   The main thing that
wasn't were the specific 2.2 API implementations.

> Also I was wondering if there was additional
> information regarding the differences between the two versions?

See above link.

> Also, what is the approximate release date for 2.3?

I'm hoping for the week of Oct 4th, but we still have 2 JAX-RS TCK failures to
resolve first.

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org