cxf-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Question regarding the logging documentation
Date Thu, 16 Sep 2010 02:38:43 GMT
On Wednesday 15 September 2010 5:38:07 pm Samuel Doyle wrote:
> The examples here: http://cxf.apache.org/docs/configuration.html
>
> Why is there the difference for the plain Spring example and the custom CXF
> bean example for the last property.
>
> The plain Spring example has:
>
> <property name="outFaultInterceptors">
>    <list>
>       <ref bean="logOutbound"/>
>    </list>
> </property>
>

> and the custom CXF bean has:
>
> <cxf:inFaultInterceptors>
>    <ref bean="logOutbound"/>
> </cxf:inFaultInterceptors>
>

> Is this correct? Shouldn't it be cxf:outFaultInterceptors and not in* ?

Well, the docs are definitely wrong on something.  :-)  I'll fix.

For the inFaultInterceptors, you would need the logInbound, not outbound.
For outFaultInterceptors, you would use the logOutbound.

It really depends on the context of where you are configuring.   For a client
only application, you would need the inFaultInterceptors for the incoming
faults from the server.   On a server side only application, you would need
the outFaultInterceptors.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp