cxf-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: how to generate a "client mock"
Date Fri, 03 Sep 2010 15:42:49 GMT
On Friday 03 September 2010 10:11:57 am Zeratul wrote:
> Hello,
>
> SOAPUi can make mock as explain here :
> http://www.soapui.org/Service-Mocking/mocking-soap-services.html
>
> I would like an easiest way to mock WS.
>
> Actually, I write an XML file in conformance with java proxy (JAXB
> annotated class generated by wsdl2java). Then I extends the interface
> proxy to unmarshall this XML with JAXB.
>
> My question is : is ApacheCXF able to generate mock client like mine ? is
> there any simple solution ? (SOAPUi is not convenient).
>
> Regards,
> Sorry for my bad english,

I'm not sure I understand the requirements.   If you have XML data, you could
easily use the Dispatch clients to send the XML to a service that you bring up
on the local transport or similar.

Another option is that our wsdl2java tool also has a "-defaultValues" flag
that when combined with the -client or -impl flags, would generate
clients/impls that actually construct jaxb things with randomish data (instead
of returning/sending null and such).  That can sometimes be enough as well.

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org