cxf-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Varying service name
Date Wed, 01 Sep 2010 18:18:56 GMT
On Tuesday 31 August 2010 2:17:59 pm Benson Margulies wrote:
> When I run the java2wsdl plugin, I get a service element for a service
> named AnalysisService.
>
> When I get a live wsdl, I get a service element for a service names
> AnalysisImplService. Perhaps needless to say, the implementation class
> is called AnalysisImpl and the SEI is called Analysis.

Per JAX-WS spec, the java first cases are only applicable to an actual
implementation.  If you try running the wsgen tool (ref impl version of
java2ws) on an SEI to generate a wsdl, it will complain.   We think it's kind
of nice to do so we allow it.

Anyway, the spec says to take the name from the Impl, not the SEI.   However,
the @WebService annotation on the impl can be used to control the name that is
used and I always suggest setting those things.

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org