cxf-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Moving from Axis to CXF
Date Fri, 27 Aug 2010 17:06:01 GMT
On Thursday 26 August 2010 6:19:11 pm kettch wrote:
> Daniel  Kulp wrote:
> > Actually, it's on the WebServiceContext.
> >
> > context.getUserPrincipal()
> >
> > Dan
>
> I found that just as I got your reply. :)
>
> The problem is that context.getUserPrincipal() also returns a null object
> so that doesn't want to work either.
>
> Something fishy is going on here...

That would mean the webservice container (like tomcat) isn't providing any
information.   Can you wireshark the transfer and make sure that the
authentication header is in the HTTP headers?    It sounds like there isn't
any basic auth stuff there which would mean the client isn't configured to
send it.

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org