cxf-users mailing list archives

From Ron Grimes <rgri...@sinclairoil.com>
Subject Thread Question
Date Thu, 29 Jul 2010 15:48:05 GMT
First, forgive me for cross-posting. This should be on the Spring forum, but I couldn't get
any responses. So, I'm hoping someone here might be able to enlighten me.

My environment is Spring/CXF framework in a jdk 6 jvm, using JPA with Eclipselink for persistence.

I have written a process to daily map 20-30K XML nodes to corresponding transaction tables
in DB2. The main class that drives this application spawns about a dozen DAO threads, which
wakes up periodically to read an ArrayDeque that the main class populates with XML nodes that
the given DAO should map and persist to DB2.

When the daily job is done, each of the threads go into a wait state, and the next day, when
the process fires off again, the main class issues to each DAO thread a notify so that they
wake up again and begin processing the ArrayDeque.

So far, so good. However, everything executes without error, but nothing actually persists
to the DB2. Obviously, the frameworks and DAO threads are still active in the JVM instance.
The EntityManagerFactory is still active, but something is missing, or has detached, from
the original run so that the em.persist, although it executes without error, it doesn't actually
save anything.

To fix this, in the interim, I restart the JVM every morning at 3am because the original run
of this program works fine. It's the subsequent one that fails.  Btw, I've deployed this app
as a web app so that it can be remotely invoked if necessary. So, obviously, it uses the all
the ApplicationContext wiring.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Ron Grimes