cxf-users mailing list archives

From "Obele, Azubuko" <Azubuko.Ob...@morganstanleysmithbarney.com>
Subject Bug in CXF JAXRS Client Proxy
Date Wed, 28 Jul 2010 14:31:33 GMT
Hey all,

We seem to have uncovered a strange bug in the CXF JAXRS client. We have a service method
defined as:

    @GET
    @Path("/test")
    @Transactional
    public List<Entry> testFind(@QueryParam("tags") List<Long> tag) {
    }

We can manually invoke this method through the browser by going to the url 'service?tag=1&tag=2&tag=3'
. The CXF JAXRS implementation will correctly decode this request, construct the List of Longs,
and then invoke our service method.

The problem arises when we try to use the JAXRS client proxy. When we do this"

   bel = services.testFind(Arrays.asList(100L, 101L, 102L));
This generates the HTTP request:

/services/blog/test?tag=%5B100%2C+101%2C+102%5D]

The JAXRS impl at this point doesn't know how to route this request and the result is a 404.
Any ideas? Is this a bug in the CXF JAXRS Client Proxy?

Thanks,

Important Notice to Recipients:

It is important that you do not use e-mail to request, authorize or effect the purchase or
sale of any security or commodity, to send fund transfer instructions, or to effect any other
transactions. Any such request, orders, or instructions that you send will not be accepted
and will not be processed by Morgan Stanley Smith Barney.

The sender of this e-mail is an employee of Morgan Stanley Smith Barney LLC. If you have received
this communication in error, please destroy all electronic and paper copies and notify the
sender immediately.  Erroneous transmission is not intended to waive confidentiality or privilege.
Morgan Stanley Smith Barney reserves the right, to the extent permitted under applicable law,
to monitor electronic communications. By e-mailing with Morgan Stanley Smith Barney you consent
to the foregoing.