cxf-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Use of SOAP encoding with CXF
Date Fri, 09 Jul 2010 18:11:27 GMT
On Wednesday 07 July 2010 8:14:51 am Steve Mackenzie wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to consume a third-party (read: out of my control) service
> which appears to use SOAP encoding - which from my reading it seems is not
> well-supported by CXF.

Nor Axis2 nor Metro nor pretty much any SOAP stack that has been
created/updated in the last 5 years.   SOAP encoding is really not supported
at all anywhere anymore.

> I'd like to know - what is the current best-practice for getting around
> this issue, if the server cannot be changed?

Unfortunately, the only way to use it with modern engines is by doing much of
the "raw xml" stuff yourself.    You would use a Dispatch client with JAX-
WS/CXF  and feed it the XML payload.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp