cxf-users mailing list archives

From gbauer <bauer.ger...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: Using JMX to start and stop web services
Date Fri, 30 Jul 2010 12:13:16 GMT

Hello!

Sorry for omitting important information, I was in a rush yesterday. I am
using CXF v2.2.9 and JaxWs as frontend. I create the endpoints by using
Spring and I deploy the application as war on a tomcat6 servlet container.
My configuration is pretty similar to the example configuration on the CXF
homepage (my web.xml[1] and beans.xml[2]).

I had a look at your testcase and it worked as one would expect.
Nevertheless when I stop and start my endpoint by using JMX, I cannot access
it even though getState returns "STARTED" again. It is not listed under
"Available SOAP services" when I access the servlet by using my browser and
every attempt to connect to the service results in "HTTP response '404: Not
Found'".

I managed to achieve a workaround by using Tomcat's JMX interface and
calling reload() in the Catalina/WebModule branch. However, I am not sure
about the side effects of this operation and still wondering if it is
possible to restart a single endpoint without reloading the whole webmodule.

Kind regards,
Gernot

[1] http://pastebin.com/nTh81SY8
[2] http://pastebin.com/yLN8ExFZ