cxf-users mailing list archives

From Glen Mazza <glen.ma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JAXB bindings and xs:date to java.util.Date conversion
Date Tue, 27 Jul 2010 21:30:19 GMT

Bruno Dusausoy wrote:

> On 26/07/2010 19:07, Bruno Dusausoy wrote:
> [...]
>>
>> Indeed, works like a charm.
>> But I've put it in a JAXB file, like this :
>>
> [...]
>
> I think I've spoken too fast when saying this :).
> Doesn't work actually :/.
>
> It still creating the ugly package and the Adapter1 class but now it is
> referring to the CXF's adapter instead of mine.
>
> I've searched for hours, done many experimentations, nothing seems to
> work.
>
> I think I'll give up for now and leave the default XmlGregorianCalendar.
>
> If someone has a hint for me, don't hesitate.

Here's some more info, apparently JAXB requires it (union regulations, I
guess).  But you can apparently change the package name (possibly the class
name too) if you wish:
[1] http://forums.java.net/jive/message.jspa?messageID=210403

Also, middle bullet in the "Other Notes" section of Item #2 here:
[2]
http://www.jroller.com/gmazza/entry/customizing_jaxb_artifacts#BindingFile

You may need to use the xjc:javaType instead of jaxb:javaType, as Kohsuke
wrote in [1] above.

Glen