cxf-users mailing list archives

From siva naresh <svu...@progress.com>
Subject writing SSL webservice client
Date Tue, 13 Jul 2010 15:53:41 GMT

Hi All,

I have written a java client that invoke http webservice and it works
alright.

The requirements are now to make the communication secured. server part is
being done  by a different team and they are planning to complete in the
next 10 days. All I know from the server team is :
1. The server certificate is issued by GlobalSign
2. The communication is simple handshake and not mutual.
3. No authentication is required.

 My job is to write a client that can invoke https webservice. For this I
have taken a pubic https webservice :
https://api.postalmethods.com/PostalWS.asmx?WSDL .

To determine what needs to be done..
 I generated java classes using wsdl2java on the following public wsdl.
https://api.postalmethods.com/PostalWS.asmx?WSDL .

I ran the client file that is generated and that worked perfectly fine. I
was wondering how.. because I have done nothing extra (dont I have to create
http conduit file where I have to specify trustmanagers, ciphersuites etc ?)
I could see that the above wsdl has certificate issued by Thawte CA.