cxf-users mailing list archives

From Glen Mazza <glen.ma...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: Use of SOAP encoding with CXF
Date Wed, 07 Jul 2010 18:09:23 GMT

Steve Mackenzie wrote:

> I understand JAXB won't handle SOAP encoding, and while Aegis can, it
> isn't well-suited to generating clients from WSDLs.  Is this correct?
>
> Just to confirm this is my problem:
>    - wsdl2java gives this error for the WSDL: "WSDLToJava Error: Thrown by
> JAXB : undefined
>      simple or complex type 'soapenc:Array'"
>
>           <s:restriction base="soapenc:Array">

I think you're reading too much into this problem--the issue is that JAXB
simply doesn't know what soapenc:Array is because you haven't defined either
the namespace soapenc and/or the element Array.  This isn't a JAX-WS issue.

There is an issue with JAX-WS implementations like CXF or Metro not working
with RPC/encoded WSDLs, in that case you have a choice of the old JAX-RPC
from Sun, Axis 1.x, or using the JAX-WS Dispatch interface:
http://www.jroller.com/gmazza/entry/calling_rpc_encoded_web_services .  I
don't think this is your problem though.

HTH,
Glen