cxf-users mailing list archives

From "Matthew O'Connor" <thegreendra...@gmail.com>
Subject [Distributed OSGi] Using Log4j as the logger in CXF DOSGi?
Date Tue, 29 Jun 2010 23:39:05 GMT
Hello all, this may be an obvious question, but I can't seem to get the CXF
Distributed OSGi single bundle to use Log4J as the logger instead of
java.util.logging. I've added
"-Dorg.apache.cxf.Logger=org.apache.cxf.common.logging.Log4jLogger" to my
run command so I'm getting a

"DEBUG [Start Level Event Dispatcher] (LogUtils.java:82) - Using
org.apache.cxf.common.logging.Log4jLogger for logging."

In my log, which is what I expect.

This is followed by a bunch of

"Jun 29, 2010 5:22:24 PM org.apache.cxf.dosgi.dsw.qos.IntentMap setIntents
INFO: Injected intents:
{addressing=org.apache.cxf.ws.policy.WSPolicyFeature@ff94b1,
logging=org.apache.cxf.feature.LoggingFeature@17b0998,
SOAP=org.apache.cxf.binding.soap.SoapBindingConfiguration@b30913,
SOAP.1_1=org.apache.cxf.binding.soap.SoapBindingConfiguration@b30913,
SOAP.1_2=org.apache.cxf.binding.soap.SoapBindingConfiguration@18f51f,
HTTP=PROVIDED}
Jun 29, 2010 5:22:24 PM
org.apache.cxf.dosgi.discovery.local.LocalDiscoveryService addTracker
INFO: adding tracker:
org.apache.cxf.dosgi.dsw.hooks.AbstractClientHook$DiscoveryCallback@13e0abacollection:
null registered against prop:
osgi.remote.discovery.interest.interfaces
Jun 29, 2010 5:22:24 PM
org.apache.cxf.dosgi.discovery.local.LocalDiscoveryService addTracker
INFO: adding tracker:
org.apache.cxf.dosgi.dsw.hooks.AbstractClientHook$DiscoveryCallback@13e0abacollection:
null registered against prop:
osgi.remote.discovery.interest.filters
Jun 29, 2010 5:22:24 PM
org.apache.cxf.dosgi.discovery.local.LocalDiscoveryService triggerCallbacks
INFO: nothing to search for matches to trigger callbacks with delta: []"

which seems to say that either the configuration I thought I did didn't work
or there are parts of the CXF DOSGi implementation that don't support
setting org.apache.cxf.Logger, since those log entries are still using the
java.util.logging framework.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Matthew