cxf-users mailing list archives

From am am <akme...@yahoo.com>
Subject Notification MEP
Date Wed, 16 Jun 2010 20:49:30 GMT
Hi, I need guidance on the following:
I know that J2EE WS does not support the Notification or Solicit Response Message Exchange
Patterns.
Additionally cxf also has not a proprietary solution for this (http://www.mail-archive.com/users@cxf.apache.org/msg10015.html)
My problem is the following:
A web client sends a one way request to a web service. Upon receiving the request, the web
service impl should send notifications to the client in various times (asynchronously). My
first thought to overcome the issue with the Notification MEP (and send the notification to
the client) is to create a second method that the client calls immediatelly after the method
that starts the notifications. Then in the client side I would have an asynchronous handler
(using polling for example and the dispatch.invokeAsync()). My problem is that after the result
arrives to the client, how would I make the client wait for the next event? Would it be correct
to keep calling dispatch.invokeAsync() in a forever loop to get the notifications?
The scenario I am describing is:
a) Web service client sends an id to the web service and waits for no response (void function
call locally).
b) Web server upon receiving the id, stores it and when an event happens that is related to
the id the server sends a notification to the client
c) The notifications will not stop and occur in random instances
d) The notifications will stop if the client sends the id and request to stop the service.
Is there any pattern I can follow to implement this? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you,
Kind Regards