cxf-users mailing list archives

From sur04sep <suresh.kal...@gmail.com>
Subject CXF:Request Data Validation
Date Wed, 02 Jun 2010 12:24:58 GMT

Hi,
What is the advisable and extensible way of validating our soap request
data?
Few people on this forum suggest about JAXB validation but that has limited
scope.
Like i wish to validate
1) null values
2) Email feilds
3) value range
etc etc...
So probably will end up writing a custom validator.
What I feel there should be a way for service invoker also to know about all
these business rules. Like validation rules as a part WSDL specifications.

What is the advisable approach for it? And where exactly validation layer
should be? In service implementation or interceptor?

Thanks in advance.
Suresh