cxf-users mailing list archives

From "Kockert, Timo" <timo.kock...@adesso-mobile.de>
Subject BinaryDataProvider
Date Mon, 17 May 2010 16:45:01 GMT
Hello everyone,

I am using JAX-RS and implemented a method that returns files from disk. The response is handled
by the BinaryDataProvider because its isWriteable() method returns true for File objects.
However getSize() only returns a useful length for byte arrays. I was wondering why that is?

I am asking because without the size, the response is getting chunked which results in at
least two requests by the browser for the same file and that causes - imho - unnecessary load
on my application.

Greetings from Germany,
Timo