cxf-users mailing list archives

From Sergey Beryozkin <sberyoz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re: CXF Distributed OSGI and RESTful
Date Wed, 19 May 2010 12:15:58 GMT
Hi

It is difficult to suggest anything without seeing the actual details...

""No services have been found"" is a CXF services page, saying that no
endpoints have been deployed successfully.

I think the best way for you to move forward is to run a greeter_rest demo
shipped with DOSGI 1.1, see that actually works for you and that you can
access the endpoint using the browser and the client bundle. Next start
modifying this demo as you need, step by step, and you'll be able to succeed
that way...

some more comments inline

ping me please if you get stuck - but please confirm that a greeter_rest
demo works and also provide more details

cheers, Sergey

On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 9:47 AM, Georgi Dimitrov <mrj@abv.bg> wrote:

>  Hello Sergey,
>
> I ve done everything as described. Still no RESTful service ....
>
> The documentation you pointed me to doesn't explain what I need to do.
> Here is what I've done Could you please correct me on any step that is
> wrong or complement my steps where needed?
>
> 1) specified the service-description in sd.xml
> 2) also in remote-services.xml (as I don't use discovery service)

it is only needed if you use a client bundle to access the endpoint, no need
for it if a browser is used.

> 3) Created MyService-model.xml and put it into OSGI-INF/cxf/jaxrs/ of my
> Service (should this reside here or some place else?)

yes...It can also be named 'model.xml'. Note - you only have to use it if
you do prefer to avoid adding JAXRS annotations to your service classes