cxf-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: AW: defaultValue-Plugin does not work
Date Wed, 19 May 2010 14:44:33 GMT
On Wednesday 19 May 2010 2:24:32 am J├╝rgen Bockhorn wrote:
> > Can you check with a default value of true to see if that changes
> > anything?
> > Also, check the getter method.   That's normally where it sticks the
> > logic for
> > the defaults.    That said, with primitives and not minOccurs=0, I
> > don't think
> > that actually works.   I'd like to see what it's generating there.
> > This may
> > be a bug in the primitive handle.
>
> [JB:]
> Hi Dan,
>
> with true it also doesn't work. If I set minOccurs="0" the getter shows the
> default handling.
>
>    /**
>      * Gets the value of the caseSensitiv property.
>      *
>      */
>     public Boolean isCaseSensitiv() {
>         if (null == caseSensitiv) {
>             return (Boolean.TRUE);
>         } else {
>             return caseSensitiv;
>         }
>     }

OK.  Definitely looks like a bug.   Can you log it in JIRA so it doesn't get
lost?

If you'd like to look at the code:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cxf/xjc-utils/trunk/dv/

It's pretty small so it might be easy to fix if you have some time to dig into
it.

> > > By the way. Is there a way to use other JAXB2 Plugins like the
> >
> > 'Equals
> >
> > > plugin' or the 'HashCode plugin'
> >
> > Convince them to donate the code to CXF so we can publish it properly
> > to Maven
> > repos?   Other than that, it's not easy.  You would need to get the
> > jars and
> > deploy them locally and such.  Not fun.
>
> [JB:]
>
> Does this mean, that wsdl2java is routing every -xjc-X parameter through to
> xjc ? Or do I have to use another syntax ?

Yea.    All the -xjc things just get passed directly in so if XJC can find the
plugin on the classpath, it should work.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org