cxf-users mailing list archives

From Afroze <afroze.sa...@gmail.com>
Subject One CXF Web application hijacking log4j logging of another EJB/Web application in Weblogic
Date Fri, 30 Apr 2010 23:02:42 GMT

All,

We have two applications running in Weblogic 10.1. One is an EJB cum web
application that uses log4j for logging. The next application is a CXF based
web application which exposes REST based services.  Both applications use
log4j for logging. They have different log4j.xml files pointing to different
log output files. However, when the server is started, I see a lot of
CXF/Spring logs in the log output file of the EJB/Web application. After
those logs, the EJB/Web application is not able to write logs any more. The
log file is hijacked by the CXF's logging facility. The CXF based
application continues to write logs to its own log output file without any
problem. Also, I am surprised about how CXF is able to find the log
configuration of the other application.

Can someone throw some light on this?

Thanks,
Afroze