cxf-users mailing list archives

From Dan Dubinsky <ddubin...@salmonllc.com>
Subject Wrong Exception Thrown using local:// service
Date Tue, 27 Apr 2010 21:58:57 GMT

Hi All,

I think I may have come across a bug in CXF-2.2.7.    Let's say I have a
service method that looks like this:

   public void someMethod() throws ServiceException

I'm using the Aegis databinding.

If I use the local:// protocol to invoke it and the method throws a
ServiceException, the client proxy method is throwing
org.apache.cxf.interceptor.Fault with ServiceException as the cause.

If I use http:// protocol to invoke it and the method throws a
ServiceException, the client proxy is throwing my ServiceException.

In CXF 2.1 either protocol threw my Exception and not the CXF fault, but not
2.2.7. It's kind of a big deal because I have a lot of code already written
in my system and I would have to go through it all and change the exception
handling.

Anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Dan

PS: Here is how I'm creating the service on the client side:

ClientProxyFactoryBean factory = new ClientProxyFactoryBean();
factory.getClientFactoryBean().getFeatures().add(new ColocFeature());
factory.setServiceClass(serviceInterface);
factory.setAddress(serviceURL);
factory.setDataBinding(new AegisDatabinding());
service = factory.create()