cxf-users mailing list archives

From David Bosschaert <david.bosscha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Questions About the DOSGi Greeter Demo
Date Fri, 26 Mar 2010 11:37:51 GMT
Just wanted to add a little bit of background on the semantics around
addingService()
In OSGi, every callback to addingService() represents a separate
service in the OSGi Framework (either a local or a distributed
service) and every removedService() call represents a service that has
been removed.
The bug you were seeing was caused by a bug in the cleanup of
statically registered services, where the service should have been
removed when a bundle containing the remote-services.xml file was
stopped. This removal didn't happen but when that bundle was started
again the service did get registered again hence the multiples...

Hope that 1.2-SNAPSHOT version fixes it for you too.

David

at http://cxf.apache.org/distributed-osgi-greeter-demo-walkthrough.html
>> My client and server are running Felix 2.0.1.
>>  Interaction between them seems to be working fine (invoking services between OSGi
containers); however, I noticed that  the addingService (function calls of the ServiceTracker
on client side) are executed multiple times which leads to duplicates of the same OSGi service
being added to the client.   More precisely, a service tracker is created within a client
OSGi bundle to track an OSGi service offered by the server; however, the addingService function
of the tracker is run multiple times when the client bundle is activated.
>> This can be prevented by adding a unique-check at the addingService(), but I am wondering
is the above scenario working as intended? If not, is anyone getting this as well?
>> Thanks,Nick

>> 除了電子信箱,更有許多有用的功能。快來使用免費的 Windows
Live Hotmail。