cxf-users mailing list archives

From Tonio <tonio...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Updating to 2.2.7 gives invalid JAXB annotation
Date Mon, 29 Mar 2010 22:54:59 GMT

Sorry pressed Post Message wrongly, again:

I was working with version 2.2.1 (JAXB 2.1.9), and decided to make an update
to 2.2.7 (JAXB 2.1.12), when I deployed the already running application I
get a JAXB error that didn't appear in 2.2.1.

The application is running in Tomcat 6.0 with Java 1.6.0_18 in Windows
Server 2003, all java6 libraries
are taken out except for jaxb-impl-2.1.12.jar, when the application is
deployed and trying to "instantiate" services this error appears.

To make it clear, the application is running without trouble with 2.2.1, no
marshalling problems, or JAXB
annotations error appear.

Caused by: com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.IllegalAnnotationsException: 1 counts
of IllegalAnnotationExceptions
java.sql.Timestamp does not have a no-arg default constructor.
        this problem is related to the following location:
                at java.sql.Timestamp
                at net.mccg.ibs.phoenix.basic.IbsTimestamp

The problem comes with my class called IbsTimestamp, here is the code
snippet

@XmlJavaTypeAdapter(XmlIbsTimestampAdapter.class)
public class IbsTimestamp extends Timestamp {

	/**
	 * Serial version.
	 */
	private static final long serialVersionUID = 4767339053743080489L;

	public IbsTimestamp() {
		this(System.currentTimeMillis());
	}

	public IbsTimestamp(long time) {
		super(time);
	}
}

So I decided to test JAXB using the 2.1.12 implementation with java6, and
see if problems appear also.

What I've tried without problem

Schemas generated ok
Marshalling & Unmarshalling done without any trouble

I cannot use the default JAXB implementation because of interceptors and
CharacterEscapeHandler's I need
to implement with JAXB sun classes, I can try if it will help you.

So might be some strange combination of CXF/JAXB/.... thing may be causing
this, I cannot find the problem

Any help will be greatly welcome
thanks in advance
tonio