cxf-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Bimschas <bimsc...@itm.uni-luebeck.de>
Subject Re: DOSGi and JSON responses
Date Fri, 05 Feb 2010 14:16:16 GMT
Ah, damnit. I forgot to mention that I took out my self-written JSONProvider extending class
in order to be sure that doing this doesn't get in the way of something. Therefore, Import-Package
doesn't contain "org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.provider.*" but that should be okay.

I investigated further. If I use the following properties in my DS component:

 <property name="service.exported.interfaces" type="String" value="*"/>
 <property name="service.exported.configs" type="String" value="org.apache.cxf.rs"/>
 <property name="service.exported.intents" type="String" value="HTTP"/>
 <property name="org.apache.cxf.rs.address" type="String" value="http://localhost:8081/verzeichnis/"/>
 <property name="org.apache.cxf.rs.databinding" type="String" value="jaxb"/>

there are no exceptions (but also no JSON support). Using the following properties

 <property name="service.exported.interfaces" type="String" value="*"/>
 <property name="service.exported.configs" type="String" value="org.apache.cxf.rs"/>
 <property name="service.exported.intents" type="String" value="HTTP"/>
 <property name="org.apache.cxf.rs.address" type="String" value="http://localhost:8081/verzeichnis/"/>
 <property name="org.apache.cxf.rs.provider" type="String">
   org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.provider.JAXBElementProvider
   org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.provider.JSONProvider
 </property>

I get the CNFEs mentioned before. Changing the "org.apache.cxf.rs.address" property to "org.apache.cxf.rs.httpservice.context"
as you proposed before doesn't change anything too (but that seems just logically).

The strange thing is that I only get those exceptions when the bundle starts up. The applications
runs fine nevertheless and when I do HTTP requests there are no more exceptions. Is this maybe
a fallback to the default "jaxb" that could lead to this behaviour?

cheers,
Daniel

Am 05.02.2010 um 14:45 schrieb Sergey Beryozkin:

> I'm wondering, is the problem here to do with the fact that DOSGI is trying to use the
BundelContext/Bundle of the application bundle to load the providers ? It should work if the
providers's code is indeed inside a given app bundle but looks like it causes issues if the
provider's code is actually located elsewhere.

> That said, if you own bundle imports the org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.provider.* then surely
the OSGI loader has to be capable to find the classes available elsewhere in the container,
especially given that CXF minimal bundle is exporting org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.provider ?

endpoint from CXF PublishHook, address is http://localhost:8081/verzeichnis/
> [...]
> at org.apache.felix.framework.ModuleImpl$ModuleClassLoader.loadClass(ModuleImpl.java:1656)
> at org.apache.felix.framework.ModuleImpl.getClassByDelegation(ModuleImpl.java:604)
> at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.loadBundleClass(Felix.java:1487)
> at org.apache.felix.framework.BundleImpl.loadClass(BundleImpl.java:897)
> at org.apache.cxf.dosgi.dsw.handlers.JaxRSUtils.loadProviders(JaxRSUtils.java:112)
> at org.apache.cxf.dosgi.dsw.handlers.JaxRSUtils.getProviders(JaxRSUtils.java:67)
> at org.apache.cxf.dosgi.dsw.handlers.JaxRSPojoConfigurationTypeHandler.createServer(JaxRSPojoConfigurationTypeHandler.java:119)
> at org.apache.cxf.dosgi.dsw.hooks.ServiceHookUtils.createServer(ServiceHookUtils.java:86)
> at org.apache.cxf.dosgi.dsw.hooks.CxfPublishHook.createServer(CxfPublishHook.java:106)
> at org.apache.cxf.dosgi.dsw.hooks.CxfPublishHook.publishEndpoint(CxfPublishHook.java:80)
> at org.apache.cxf.dosgi.dsw.Activator$1.run(Activator.java:164)
> at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)
> at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
> 05.02.2010 14:32:16 org.apache.cxf.dosgi.dsw.handlers.JaxRSUtils loadProviders
> WARNUNG: JAXRS Provider org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.provider.JAXBElementProvider can not be
loaded or created
> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.provider.JSONProvider
> at org.apache.felix.framework.ModuleImpl.findClassOrResourceByDelegation(ModuleImpl.java:744)
> at org.apache.felix.framework.ModuleImpl.access$100(ModuleImpl.java:61)
> at org.apache.felix.framework.ModuleImpl$ModuleClassLoader.loadClass(ModuleImpl.java:1656)
> at org.apache.felix.framework.ModuleImpl.getClassByDelegation(ModuleImpl.java:604)
> at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.loadBundleClass(Felix.java:1487)
> at org.apache.felix.framework.BundleImpl.loadClass(BundleImpl.java:897)
> at org.apache.cxf.dosgi.dsw.handlers.JaxRSUtils.loadProviders(JaxRSUtils.java:112)
> at org.apache.cxf.dosgi.dsw.handlers.JaxRSUtils.getProviders(JaxRSUtils.java:67)
> at org.apache.cxf.dosgi.dsw.handlers.JaxRSPojoConfigurationTypeHandler.createServer(JaxRSPojoConfigurationTypeHandler.java:119)
> at org.apache.cxf.dosgi.dsw.hooks.ServiceHookUtils.createServer(ServiceHookUtils.java:86)
> at org.apache.cxf.dosgi.dsw.hooks.CxfPublishHook.createServer(CxfPublishHook.java:106)
> at org.apache.cxf.dosgi.dsw.hooks.CxfPublishHook.publishEndpoint(CxfPublishHook.java:80)
> at org.apache.cxf.dosgi.dsw.Activator$1.run(Activator.java:164)
> at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)
> at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
> 05.02.2010 14:32:16 org.apache.cxf.dosgi.dsw.handlers.JaxRSUtils loadProviders
>

> Am 05.02.2010 um 14:22 schrieb Daniel Bimschas:
>
>> It's Felix over Pax Runner in my case. If I take the "sun.*,com.sun.*,javax.xml.bind,javax.xml.bind.*"
packages out of the bootdelegation classpath the following errors will occur:

>> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.provider.JAXBElementProvider
>> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.provider.JSONProvider
>>
>> For me, currently that doesn't make sense since the DOSGI bundle is fully resolved
and all classes should be loadable. I'll further investigate this...

think...Hmm...Will it work if you try the multibundle distro and omit the stax-api bundle
? Or perhaps updating the Equinox config to block the stax api from the system ?