cxf-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Bimschas <bimsc...@itm.uni-luebeck.de>
Subject Re: DOSGi and JSON responses
Date Fri, 05 Feb 2010 14:24:32 GMT
Sergey,

I just stumbled over another issue that may annoy DOSGI users. If you start the single bundle
distribution (no idea if it's the same with multi bundle) it starts a Jetty on localhost:8080
which should be usable like a OSGi compendium HTTP service (that's what I understood at least).
Now if one uses the JAX-RS stuff and registers it's instance with the "org.apache.cxf.rs.address"
property he will have to choose a port other than 8080 or he'll get the following exception:

WARNUNG: WARNING : Problem creating a remote endpoint for de.uniluebeck.itm.soapraktikum.ws0910.persons.vz.rest.PersonResource
from CXF PublishHook, reason is null
org.apache.cxf.service.factory.ServiceConstructionException
	at org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.JAXRSServerFactoryBean.create(JAXRSServerFactoryBean.java:114)
	at org.apache.cxf.dosgi.dsw.handlers.JaxRSPojoConfigurationTypeHandler.createServer(JaxRSPojoConfigurationTypeHandler.java:129)
	at org.apache.cxf.dosgi.dsw.hooks.ServiceHookUtils.createServer(ServiceHookUtils.java:86)
	at org.apache.cxf.dosgi.dsw.hooks.CxfPublishHook.createServer(CxfPublishHook.java:106)
	at org.apache.cxf.dosgi.dsw.hooks.CxfPublishHook.publishEndpoint(CxfPublishHook.java:80)
	at org.apache.cxf.dosgi.dsw.Activator$1.run(Activator.java:164)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:637)
Caused by: org.apache.cxf.interceptor.Fault: Could not start Jetty server: Address already
in use
	at org.apache.cxf.transport.http_jetty.JettyHTTPServerEngine.addServant(JettyHTTPServerEngine.java:339)
	at org.apache.cxf.transport.http_jetty.JettyHTTPDestination.activate(JettyHTTPDestination.java:157)
	at org.apache.cxf.transport.AbstractObservable.setMessageObserver(AbstractObservable.java:48)
	at org.apache.cxf.binding.AbstractBindingFactory.addListener(AbstractBindingFactory.java:164)
	at org.apache.cxf.endpoint.ServerImpl.start(ServerImpl.java:122)
	at org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.JAXRSServerFactoryBean.create(JAXRSServerFactoryBean.java:105)
	... 8 more
Caused by: java.net.BindException: Address already in use
	at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind(Native Method)
	at sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketChannelImpl.bind(ServerSocketChannelImpl.java:119)
	at sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketAdaptor.bind(ServerSocketAdaptor.java:59)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.nio.SelectChannelConnector.open(SelectChannelConnector.java:205)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.nio.SelectChannelConnector.doStart(SelectChannelConnector.java:304)
	at org.mortbay.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:39)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.doStart(Server.java:233)
	at org.mortbay.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:39)
	at org.apache.cxf.transport.http_jetty.JettyHTTPServerEngine.addServant(JettyHTTPServerEngine.java:306)
	... 13 more

I guess it should be possible to reuse the running Jetty instance and deploy the instance
to the standard OSGi HTTP service. At least that's what a user would expect. What do you think
about it?

Kind regards,
Daniel

Am 05.02.2010 um 14:45 schrieb Sergey Beryozkin:

> I'm wondering, is the problem here to do with the fact that DOSGI is trying to use the
BundelContext/Bundle of the application bundle to load the providers ? It should work if the
providers's code is indeed inside a given app bundle but looks like it causes issues if the
provider's code is actually located elsewhere.

> That said, if you own bundle imports the org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.provider.* then surely
the OSGI loader has to be capable to find the classes available elsewhere in the container,
especially given that CXF minimal bundle is exporting org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.provider ?

endpoint from CXF PublishHook, address is http://localhost:8081/verzeichnis/
> [...]
> at org.apache.cxf.dosgi.dsw.handlers.JaxRSPojoConfigurationTypeHandler.createServer(JaxRSPojoConfigurationTypeHandler.java:119)
> at org.apache.cxf.dosgi.dsw.hooks.ServiceHookUtils.createServer(ServiceHookUtils.java:86)
> at org.apache.cxf.dosgi.dsw.hooks.CxfPublishHook.createServer(CxfPublishHook.java:106)
> at org.apache.cxf.dosgi.dsw.hooks.CxfPublishHook.publishEndpoint(CxfPublishHook.java:80)
> at org.apache.cxf.dosgi.dsw.Activator$1.run(Activator.java:164)
> at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)
> at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
> 05.02.2010 14:32:16 org.apache.cxf.dosgi.dsw.handlers.JaxRSUtils loadProviders
>

> Am 05.02.2010 um 14:22 schrieb Daniel Bimschas:
>
>> It's Felix over Pax Runner in my case. If I take the "sun.*,com.sun.*,javax.xml.bind,javax.xml.bind.*"
packages out of the bootdelegation classpath the following errors will occur:

>> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.provider.JAXBElementProvider
>> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.provider.JSONProvider
>>
>> For me, currently that doesn't make sense since the DOSGI bundle is fully resolved
and all classes should be loadable. I'll further investigate this...

think...Hmm...Will it work if you try the multibundle distro and omit the stax-api bundle
? Or perhaps updating the Equinox config to block the stax api from the system ?