cxf-users mailing list archives

From "Clark, Chris" <chris.cla...@hp.com>
Subject RE: Services provided by DOSGi
Date Sat, 27 Feb 2010 16:16:36 GMT

Chris Clark

"Audio, Video, Disco"

-----Original Message-----
From: David Bosschaert [mailto:david.bosschaert@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, February 26, 2010 11:28 AM
To: users@cxf.apache.org
Subject: Re: Services provided by DOSGi

Hi Chris,

Yes, this should be possible. The idea of using OSGi services and then
distribute them without having to worry about the protocol is exactly
what we had in mind when developing DOSGi!
The CXF-DOSGi implementation currently supports: SOAP/HTTP and
REST/HTTP. They can be configured by setting the org.apache.cxf.ws or
org.apache.cxf.rs configuration type. If you don't specify a
configuration type it defaults to org.apache.cxf.ws (SOAP).

Currently these two are supported, there are people talking about
supporting JMS as well, but it should be possible to add something
completely different as well... For more information see:
http://cxf.apache.org/distributed-osgi-reference.html

Best regards,

David

On 25 February 2010 22:09, Clark, Chris <chris.clark3@hp.com> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I was just wondering, after struggling to incorporate CXF DOSGI into a long-running 'playground'
project of mine, whether it is possible to use the DOSGI system provided with CXF for other
front protocols - so can OSGi services be exposed via Hessian/Burlap/RMI/XML-RPC/etc... using
this system.

> The whole idea that I had was that we had a load of OSGi services, but would like to
be able to expose them dynamically, without any worry about the front-end protocol (whether
it be SOAP/JSON/XML-RPC/Hessian/whatever).