cxf-users mailing list archives

From "Clark, Chris" <chris.cla...@hp.com>
Subject Services provided by DOSGi
Date Thu, 25 Feb 2010 22:09:28 GMT
Hi there,

I was just wondering, after struggling to incorporate CXF DOSGI into a long-running 'playground'
project of mine, whether it is possible to use the DOSGI system provided with CXF for other
front protocols - so can OSGi services be exposed via Hessian/Burlap/RMI/XML-RPC/etc... using
this system.

The whole idea that I had was that we had a load of OSGi services, but would like to be able
to expose them dynamically, without any worry about the front-end protocol (whether it be
SOAP/JSON/XML-RPC/Hessian/whatever).

Does CXF DOSGI support this? and is there any documentation about it?

Chris Clark

"Audio, Video, Disco"

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Kulp [mailto:dkulp@apache.org]
Sent: Thursday, February 25, 2010 10:51 PM
To: users@cxf.apache.org
Cc: easternwahoo
Subject: Re: How to remove ws-security tokens from message, on provider side?

On Thu February 25 2010 10:30:07 am easternwahoo wrote:
> When using ws-security headers with CXF, it is easy to configure logging
> interceptors to log the complete message. Unfortunately, this means the
> ws-security headers are displayed in the log.     Once we have
> authenticated the user's credentials, could we remove the ws-security
> headers from the message, and would this solve the problem?

You would need to write a "different" set of logging interceptors, but that's
probably not a big deal.   The current logging interceptors operate at the
stream level which is way before any processing is done.   Since the security
stuff operates on an SAAJ model, this wouldn't be too hard.   You could write
an interceptor that lives immediately after the WSS4JInInterceptor stuff,
grabs the SAAJ object from the message, pulls off the Security header, and
then calls saaj.writeTo(...) or similar to have it write itself to a log.  Not
a huge amount of work.

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org