cxf-users mailing list archives

From Ashishz <ashish.zokar...@gmail.com>
Subject Deploying web services in tomcat.
Date Tue, 02 Feb 2010 14:21:45 GMT

Hello guys,

I am trying to generate stubs for my restful web service using SoapUi 3.1.
When I try it with Jetty in eclipse, I got proper stubs generated. But same
when I try it with Tomcat, I am getting error.

For deploying in Tomcat, I am using CXfNonSpringServlet. For running into
tomcat, I have to remove 2 jars (xmlbeans-2.4.0.jar and xalen-1.1.jar)
otherwise I am getting linker error. But for jetty no need for removing
these jars. As I am removing these jar, wadl file generated with "type" tag.
<xs:element maxOccurs="unbounded" minOccurs="0" name="Contact"
type="contact"/> .

Due to this type attribute, SoapUI is not able to generate proper java
client stubs. SoapUI is pointing to wadl-dist-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar for
generating stubs.

What my finding is difference between wadl generated by jetty and tomcat is
complex type attribute which is defined somewhere below in wadl file. For
jetty there is no complex type attribute.

Jetty ex:
<xs:element maxOccurs="unbounded" minOccurs="0" name="Contact">
after this line Contact object defination is present.
But for tomcat:
<xs:element maxOccurs="unbounded" minOccurs="0" name="Contact"
type="contact"/>

and "contact" is defined below in wadl file. When I try to generate with
this wadl file using SoapUI, I am getting error, complex type contact is not
resolved.

What I feel is 2 jars (xmlbeans-2.4.0.jar and xalen-1.1.jar) are required to
generate proper wadl and client stub.

Now my question is, "How can I deploy webservices in tomcat with these 2
jars in it"? One more point, I am running it as osgi bundle not using DOSGi.