cxf-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Apache CXF - Camel wiki page : clarification requested
Date Thu, 25 Feb 2010 22:00:47 GMT
On Thu February 25 2010 8:09:48 am cmoulliard wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The cxf camel wiki page introduces the following CXF concepts which are not
> well described / explained. Can someone provide more info in order to
> improve the documentation please ?
>
> Concepts to be clarified
>
> - PRE-STREAM

For some reason that I don't understand, Camel removes everything in this
phase.   I never really understood the complete details as to why.
Unfortunately, that means the Logging interceptor gets removed.

> - IN-BAND
> - OUT-BAND

Headers in a soap message are compared to stuff in the WSDL (and generated
code) in one of three ways:

1) Header is defined as an element in the SAME wsdl message as the rest of the
body.   In this case, by default, a wsdl2java generates a parameter on the
method for it with header=true.

2) Header is defined as an element in a DIFFERENT message in the wsdl.  By
default, jaxws does NOT generate a param for it.  However, we have an "-exsh
true" flag to wsdl2java to make it generate a param for it.

3) Header not defined in WSDL at all.   It's just on the soap message itself.
Things like ws-addressing headers, security headers, etc... would technically
fall into this.

I'm not really sure what camel is trying to describe and what it's donig with
it.   Most likely, the flag is trying to deal with #2 where the wsdl DOES
define the header, but the generated service may or may not have a parameter
for it depending on how the code was generated.

Does that help at all?

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp