cxf-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Is it possible to create a STS using CXF?
Date Thu, 04 Feb 2010 21:56:27 GMT
On Thu February 4 2010 9:31:06 am marlonguerios wrote:
> Hi people, I guess the answer for my question is "no", but I would like to
> hear from you if it really isn't possible to create a security token
>  service using CXF and what would be your suggestions for such a project.

Well, I wouldn't say it's impossible.   After all, an STS is pretty much a
SOAP service.   It's just not an "easy automatic" thing yet.    You probably
could use a "Provider<Source>" type service to implement the STS.   It
wouldn't be easy as you would need to deal with the whole soap:body contents,
but it would work.   CXF could handle all the security stuff (via the security
policy implementation).   Like I said, not really "ideal".

I honestly haven't had time yet to look at Metro or anything yet to see how
they do it.

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org