cxf-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: TransportFactory getConduit() / getDestination
Date Mon, 01 Feb 2010 20:26:52 GMT
On Mon February 1 2010 4:29:22 am Coder One wrote:
> Regarding getConduit() / getDestination in TransportFactory, does CXF cache
>  the endpoint instances?
> That is, will CXF call getConduit for each client call?

It depends on the ConduitSelector that the client uses.   By default, it will
only call once per client, not once per call.   However, a different
ConduitSelector can be used to configure different behavior if needed.

> For
>  getDestination, I figure it is done only once at server start?

Yep.

> Are the Conduit/Destination meant to be re-entrant?

Yep.   In general, just about everything in CXF should be re-entrant.   :-)

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org