cxf-users mailing list archives

From Sergey Beryozkin <sbery...@progress.com>
Subject Re: DOSGi and JSON responses
Date Fri, 05 Feb 2010 15:17:52 GMT
I see....Perhaps it could recognize that a conflict will occur and print a more meaningful
exception message advising users to use a
context property. If DOSGI will try to silently attach the endpoint to a paxweb-enabled HttpService
then it might become complicated
(paxweb may not be installed in case of multibindle distro) or a user might've used the explicit
address exactly because a
standalone jetty were expected to start, etc...

Can you please open a JIRA in a DOSGI subproject so that we can track this issue and discuss
how to fix it ?

thanks, Sergey

----- Original Message -----
From: "Daniel Bimschas" <bimschas@itm.uni-luebeck.de>
To: <users@cxf.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, February 05, 2010 3:07 PM
Subject: Re: DOSGi and JSON responses

Oh, I know of the org.osgi.service.http.port value that lets Pax Web start it's Jetty instance
on 8080 per default. I tried to say
that users of DOSGI (especially newbies) would certainly expect that using "org.apache.cxf.rs.address"
would work nevertheless by
simply using the same port (i.e. if there's no web context conflict).

I guess that some DOSGI (or CXF) bundle which is responsible for registering the JAX-RS servlet
to some Jetty instance could surely
check if there's a servlet container instance running on the desired port and reusing that
instance...

Daniel

Am 05.02.2010 um 15:56 schrieb Sergey Beryozkin:

> Hi
>
> This can be easily fixed AFAIK, I can't recall the name of the paxweb property but you
can ensure its Httpservice occupies some
> other port...Just checked in ServiceMix, it is
>
> org.osgi.service.http.port=8181,
>
> add it to felix/etc/config.properties. etc
>
> cheers, Sergey
>
> Sergey,
>
> I just stumbled over another issue that may annoy DOSGI users. If you start the single
bundle distribution (no idea if it's the
> same with multi bundle) it starts a Jetty on localhost:8080 which should be usable like
a OSGi compendium HTTP service (that's
> what I understood at least). Now if one uses the JAX-RS stuff and registers it's instance
with the "org.apache.cxf.rs.address"
> property he will have to choose a port other than 8080 or he'll get the following exception:
>
> WARNUNG: WARNING : Problem creating a remote endpoint for de.uniluebeck.itm.soapraktikum.ws0910.persons.vz.rest.PersonResource

> from CXF PublishHook, reason is null
> org.apache.cxf.service.factory.ServiceConstructionException
> at org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.JAXRSServerFactoryBean.create(JAXRSServerFactoryBean.java:114)
> at org.apache.cxf.dosgi.dsw.handlers.JaxRSPojoConfigurationTypeHandler.createServer(JaxRSPojoConfigurationTypeHandler.java:129)
> at org.apache.cxf.dosgi.dsw.hooks.ServiceHookUtils.createServer(ServiceHookUtils.java:86)
> at org.apache.cxf.dosgi.dsw.hooks.CxfPublishHook.createServer(CxfPublishHook.java:106)
> at org.apache.cxf.dosgi.dsw.hooks.CxfPublishHook.publishEndpoint(CxfPublishHook.java:80)
> at org.apache.cxf.dosgi.dsw.Activator$1.run(Activator.java:164)
> at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)
> at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
> Caused by: org.apache.cxf.interceptor.Fault: Could not start Jetty server: Address already
in use
> at org.apache.cxf.transport.http_jetty.JettyHTTPServerEngine.addServant(JettyHTTPServerEngine.java:339)
> at org.apache.cxf.transport.http_jetty.JettyHTTPDestination.activate(JettyHTTPDestination.java:157)
> at org.apache.cxf.transport.AbstractObservable.setMessageObserver(AbstractObservable.java:48)
> at org.apache.cxf.binding.AbstractBindingFactory.addListener(AbstractBindingFactory.java:164)
> at org.apache.cxf.endpoint.ServerImpl.start(ServerImpl.java:122)
> at org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.JAXRSServerFactoryBean.create(JAXRSServerFactoryBean.java:105)
> ... 8 more
> Caused by: java.net.BindException: Address already in use
> at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind(Native Method)
> at sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketChannelImpl.bind(ServerSocketChannelImpl.java:119)
> at sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketAdaptor.bind(ServerSocketAdaptor.java:59)
> at org.mortbay.jetty.nio.SelectChannelConnector.open(SelectChannelConnector.java:205)
> at org.mortbay.jetty.nio.SelectChannelConnector.doStart(SelectChannelConnector.java:304)
> at org.mortbay.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:39)
> at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.doStart(Server.java:233)
> at org.mortbay.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:39)
> at org.apache.cxf.transport.http_jetty.JettyHTTPServerEngine.addServant(JettyHTTPServerEngine.java:306)
> ... 13 more
>
> I guess it should be possible to reuse the running Jetty instance and deploy the instance
to the standard OSGi HTTP service. At
> least that's what a user would expect. What do you think about it?
>
> Kind regards,
> Daniel
>
> Am 05.02.2010 um 14:45 schrieb Sergey Beryozkin:
>
>> I'm wondering, is the problem here to do with the fact that DOSGI is trying to use
the BundelContext/Bundle of the application
>> bundle to load the providers ? It should work if the providers's code is indeed inside
a given app bundle but looks like it
>> causes issues if the provider's code is actually located elsewhere.
>>
>> That said, if you own bundle imports the org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.provider.* then surely
the OSGI loader has to be capable to find
>> the classes available elsewhere in the container, especially given that CXF minimal
bundle is exporting
>> org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.provider ?
>>
>> Can you please check that your own bundle Import-Packag(es) the org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.provider.*
?

>> thanks, Sergey
>>
>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Daniel Bimschas" <bimschas@itm.uni-luebeck.de>

endpoint from CXF PublishHook, address is
> [...]
>> at org.apache.cxf.dosgi.dsw.Activator$1.run(Activator.java:164)
>> at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)
>> at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
>> 05.02.2010 14:32:16 org.apache.cxf.dosgi.dsw.handlers.JaxRSUtils loadProviders
>>

>> Am 05.02.2010 um 14:22 schrieb Daniel Bimschas:
>>
>>> It's Felix over Pax Runner in my case. If I take the "sun.*,com.sun.*,javax.xml.bind,javax.xml.bind.*"
packages out of the
>>> bootdelegation classpath the following errors will occur:
>>>
>>> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.provider.JAXBElementProvider
>>> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.provider.JSONProvider
>>>
>>> For me, currently that doesn't make sense since the DOSGI bundle is fully resolved
and all classes should be loadable. I'll
>>> further investigate this...

I think...Hmm...Will it work if you try the multibundle
config to block the stax api from the system ?