cxf-users mailing list archives

From Vinicius Carvalho <java.vinic...@gmail.com>
Subject Using Spring beans causing problems
Date Fri, 15 Jan 2010 14:05:16 GMT
Hello There! I have my JAXWS endpoint configured as follows:

	xsi:schemaLocation="
http://cxf.apache.org/jaxws http://cxf.apache.org/schemas/jaxws.xsd">

	<import resource="classpath:META-INF/cxf/cxf-extension-soap.xml" />
	<import resource="classpath:META-INF/cxf/cxf-servlet.xml" />

	<jaxws:endpoint id="api"
implementor="com.acme.api.services.impl.myAPI"
address="/services/API">

	</jaxws:endpoint>

</beans>

Works like a charm.

So I needed some DI on my class and moved to:

         <bean id="myAPIBean" class="com.acme.api.services.impl.myAPI"/>
	<jaxws:endpoint id="api" implementor="#myAPIBean" address="/services/API">

	</jaxws:endpoint>

Now when acccessing my service I get this error:

java.lang.NullPointerException
	org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.ServletController.updateDests(ServletController.java:92)
	org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.ServletController.invoke(ServletController.java:132)
	org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.AbstractCXFServlet.invoke(AbstractCXFServlet.java:142)
	org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.AbstractHTTPServlet.handleRequest(AbstractHTTPServlet.java:179)
	org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.AbstractHTTPServlet.doGet(AbstractHTTPServlet.java:108)
	javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:617)
	org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.AbstractHTTPServlet.service(AbstractHTTPServlet.java:159)

Nothing on logs. Nothing at all.

Now, I tried to move back. Error persists. I redeployed, re-started,
tryed everything even removing temp, work, and the Catalina folder
inside conf. This is what I believe they call Fucked Beyond All
Repair.

So in a desperate attempt I removed the tomcat and installed a fresh
one. Well, it works (not using bean reference).

I wonder: Why bean injection is not working

And why it crashes tomcat so damn badly that I need a new install of the server?

This is one of the most strangest glitches I've seen in my life :)

Could someone please help me out with this?