cxf-users mailing list archives

From "Paul Wilton" <Paul.Wil...@bbc.com>
Subject RE: another question on RequestDispatcherProvider
Date Wed, 06 Jan 2010 10:01:58 GMT
Hi Sergey

Option 1 works : )

Thanks

Paul

From: Sergey Beryozkin [mailto:sberyozk@progress.com]
Sent: 05 January 2010 17:45
To: Paul Wilton; users@cxf.apache.org
Subject: RE: another question on RequestDispatcherProvider

Hi Paul

I have tried to modify CXFServlet listening on '/' to block if it is a
/WEB-INF/* pathImfo which is being processed now, but I've observed what
you did. Basically, when a RequestDispatcherProvider forwards, the first
servlet which gets this forward request is the same CXFServlet so
blocking it just results in the original forward request being blocked
and thus an empty response is returned.

So here is what can be done here :

1. add

<property name="dispatcherName" value="jsp"/>

<bean id="dispatchProvider1"
class="org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.provider.RequestDispatcherProvider">

        <property name="resourcePath" value="/WEB-INF/jsp/test.jsp"/>

        <property name="scope" value="request"/>

    </bean>

it will restrict the space a bit and will exclude CXFServlet from a list
of candidates, as far as RequestDispatcher.forward(...) is concerned.

I have tried it from Eclipse, though I will need to update it to ensure
JDK but not JRE is used by default for JSP pages be compiled...But
CXFServlet is definitely bypassed.

2. If it is feasible to make your jsp pages public by moving them one
level higher from /WEB-INF, say to /jsp/..., then configuring CXFServlet
to redirect to /jsp/test.jsp will do the trick. What will happen is that
RequestDispatcherProvider will forward and CXFServlet will forward it
further... I think the reason it could not forward to /WEB-INF was that
private resources under /WEB-INF are not visible at the CXFServlet
level...

hope it helps, can you please try one of the above options ?

thanks, Sergey