cxf-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Bimschas <bimsc...@itm.uni-luebeck.de>
Subject Re: DOSGi and JSON responses
Date Wed, 27 Jan 2010 15:03:35 GMT
Would DOSGi RI 1.1 work with http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/codehaus/jettison/jettison/1.2/jettison-1.2.jar
or is there any reason it would not?

Am 27.01.2010 um 15:49 schrieb Sergey Beryozkin:

> Hi
>
> if you use "org.apache.cxf.rs.provider" string property then it's a comma-separated list
of class names, if using declarative services then you need to have a space separated list
of class names listed on separate lines, as shown in the section I linked to.
> As we discussed eralier on, there's also an "org.apache.cxf.rs.databinding" property
which is of limited value to JAXRS services at the moment (can have "aegis" or "jaxb" values).
I'm thinking of adding more supported values to it so that one can say : "org.apache.cxf.rs.databinding"="jaxb,json"
instead of typing class names when setting a "org.apache.cxf.rs.provider".

> Oh, I forgot...DOSGI RI does not ship Jettison (ServiceMix would install it as part of
cxf jaxrs feature), perhaps it should. So if you'd like to use a default CXF JSON provider
(which is Jettison-based) then install either Jettison 1.1 bundle [1] or Jettison 1.2, CXF
2.2.4 (which depends on Jettison 1.1) should accept it too, there's no version range in the
CXF Import-Package for jettison packages

> Sergey
>
> [1] http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/servicemix/bundles/org.apache.servicemix.bundles.jettison/1.0.1_2/
> [2] http://docs.codehaus.org/display/JETTISON/2010/01/18/Jettison+1.2+released
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Daniel Bimschas" <bimschas@itm.uni-luebeck.de>

the syntax should be ok now. However, it doesn't seem to work. I keep getting empty JSON files
:( I'll now check out to do it on the greeter_rest sample, see if it works there!

> Am 27.01.2010 um 10:47 schrieb Sergey Beryozkin:
>
>> Hi Daniel
>>
>> Please see "Registering custom JAXRS providers" in [1].
>> There's a couple of options. One is to to use an "org.apache.cxf.rs.provider" property
which accepts a list of class names, so you can list the provider you need, ex, "org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.provider.JSONProvider",
etc. The other option is to register an instance of say JSONProvider as an OSGI service, this
option is the only way at the moment to have a provider instance configured with some custom
properties...

>> To simplify things a bit, I'll probably need to intoduce "json", "atom", "xbeans",
etc for org.apache.cxf.rs.databinding so that users can avoid having to specify classnames
like "org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.provider.JSONProvider" directly...For more advanced cases we will
need to recognize providers configured in Spring (as an alternative to registering them as
OSGI services)...

>> cheers, Sergey
>>

>> [1] http://cxf.apache.org/distributed-osgi-reference.html#DistributedOSGiReference-ServiceProviderpropertiesForConfiguringRESTfulJAXRSbasedendpointsandconsumers
>>
>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Daniel Bimschas" <bimschas@itm.uni-luebeck.de>

over the DOSGi based JAX-RS implementation as RESTful service. Therefore I've used the JAXB-Binding
which worked fine. However, I couldn't find any information about how to get the JSON responses
working (they are always empty, i.e. 0 bytes of payload). Can somebody help me here and point
me to the right documentation?